March 2017

Ile Oko Ya (the journey of a wife to be): “I thought I knew him” #3.

Read I “thought I knew him” #2: http://blog.ummfariha.org/the-daughter/ile-oko-ya-the-journey-of-a-wife-to-be-i-thought-i-knew-him-2/#more-1679 “Yes, it is what you are thinking, I am not proud of it but it happened, we did ‘meet’ a couple of times before we got married which was one of the reasons I had to marry him anyways. where do I start from and who do […]

To access this post you need to be part of our {products}.

Read More »

Wifey Wednesday: Ways to Improve Spirituality in Your Home

I was listening to a scholar last week who talked about the disconnect that often happens between spouses when it comes to spirituality. Maybe the wife is consistently doing acts of Ibadah, and the husband is not, or vice versa. This is quite common, and it should not be. Spiritual compatibility is so important in […]

Read More »

100 Prostrations #5: What will He think of me?

Exactly one week ago I learnt of the death of a super star entrepreneur, at the peak of his life who passed away suddenly. The one interaction I’d had with him was when I was just about to launch The Essence Online. I had seen the amazing work his company was doing and wanted them […]

Read More »

Ile Oko Ya (the journey of a wife to be): “I thought I knew him” #2.

Read I “thought I knew him” #1 http://blog.ummfariha.org/the-daughter/ile-oko-ya-the-journey-of-a-wife-to-be-i-thought-i-knew-him/ “Hmmm… by the time you hear all that I have to say you will have a thousand questions to ask. He got back 4:30 am, kissed and cuddled me and slept off. At Fajr, he woke up before me, showered, dressed up and left for the masjid. I […]

Read More »

Wifey Wednesday: Marriage as an Act of Worship

Many Muslim couples get married because they want to fulfil half of their deen, as the holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) has been narrated to say that marriage is half of the deen. But sometimes, the relationship between our deen and our marriage ends at that intention- that we want to fulfil half of our deen. […]

Read More »

Mommy Monday: To every momma out there….

Mum goes to work: “Don’t know why she bothered having kids, she barely sees them!” Mum stays at home: “What a waste of a career/potential/talent, she needs to get her own life too/stop relying on benefits/partner!” Mum leaves child with family member: “That poor family member! And that child needs more activities/to interact with kids […]

Read More »

Mommy Mondays:Becoming a Mother…

Childbirth… Hmm! Where do I start from … Pregnancy wasn’t difficult for me, in fact I didn’t know I was pregnant until I was about two months gone. I just noticed that my period hadn’t come in a while; my periods were irregular and it’s still irregular sef. So I began the 7 months plus […]

Read More »

100 Prostrations #3: sadness departs with a sajdah.

It’s been a tough few days… Can’t quite explain it but I haven’t been myself… Anxiety? Depression? Worry? Stress? Whatever the label my heart has been burdened. Alhamdulillah for great friends and counsel who in my time of need remind me of Allah. One sent me the reminder below and I must say has been […]

Read More »

Copyright © 2021 The Umm Fariha Network | All rights reserved