February 2017

Memoirs of a Home- schooling Mum.

There comes a time in every parent’s life when we make the hard decisions for the sake of our children. This could be whether to enroll our four-year-olds into the education system?  Well, at least this should be a decision we as parents make and not a decision we follow without questions. Some of us may think enrolling our […]

To access this post you need to be part of our {products}.

Read More »

Ile Oko Ya ( The journey of a wife to be): Where is my Halal Habibi?

As a young striving Muslimah, who desperately wants to complete half of her Deen, whose hormones goes from 0-100 every now and then it’s only logical that I think of marriage from time to time as it is the only way I can please Allah s.w.t and at the same be physically and emotionally Happy. I […]

Read More »

Wifey Wednesday: How To Live Amicably With Your In-laws

Sometimes you find yourself living with your in-laws, and if you are not careful it can feel like something out of an Indian soap opera. Domineering parents-in-law, disrespectful wife, or a husband who doesn’t know when to support his parents or his wife. In Islam, a husband is supposed to provide adequate accommodation for his […]

Read More »

The realities of Motherhood…

I would describe myself as an independent, organised individual who likes to be in control. The first few months adjusting to motherhood, unfortunately was a very difficult period for me. I was not in control, I was unable to be organised and I had to depend on a lot of people for emotional support and […]

Read More »

Ile Oko Ya: (The journey of a wife to be): Benefits of Marriage.

How are you finding our Ile Oko Ya series? You can read the previous article Here.. Let’s talk benefits of Marriage today. Children The love of Allah is sought in seeking to have children. Allah has decreed this as the means by which mankind generally and this Ummah specifically will continue to exist. Allah said: […]

Read More »

Mommy Monday: From Me to Mom

You feel tired and stressed? There is nothing as beautiful as hearing your child say this to You…. Dear Mom…. You take the place of others but no one can take Yours I feel like “I love you”  doesn’t say enough but “I love You, mom ” All that I am or hope to be, […]

Read More »

Ile Oko Ya: (The journey of a wife to be): Marriage in Islam

Islam considers marriage as one of the most virtuous and approved institutions. Islam attaches much importance to marriage rulings, etiquette and the spouses’ rights in such a way as to guarantee marital stability and permanence and create a successful family in which children are brought up enjoying psychological stability, observing devoutness and moral integrity, and […]

Read More »

Wifey Wednesday: In-law Relationships: You versus His Mother

This is a first in a series of posts on in-law relationships. The status of a wife is clear in Islam, and so also is that of the mother. But in our society people often ruin marriages by trying to fight for the supremacy of the wife over the mother and vice versa. For the […]

Read More »

Copyright © 2021 The Umm Fariha Network | All rights reserved