October 2016

10 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR SELF ESTEEM

One of the challenges we have in the Muslim world today amongst our sisters is that of low self esteem. For some sisters it’s easy for them to say, I am going to be who I am or I am comfortable with who I am. While for others it is not. Increasing your self esteem […]

To access this post you need to be part of our {products}.

Read More »
your-spirituality-as-a-Muslim-Wife

Wifey Wednesday: Your Spirituality as a Muslim Wife

This is the first of a four-part series focusing on yourself as a Muslim wife. “And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship me.” (Qur’an 51:56) A lot of marriage talks, mine inclusive, is centered on improving our relationship with our spouses and building a loving home for our family. What […]

Read More »

Mommy Monday: Being a Mom Series 4

Being a Mom is a Life time Adventure Being a mother is a great accomplishment, it is a joy that will forever dwell in my heart. Thus, the passing years after delivering was the most difficult part of birth, it was a time of travail. The sleepless nights, the nursing, constant feeding and care, being […]

Read More »
treat-your-spouse-like-a-stranger

Wifey Wednesday: Do You Treat Your Spouse Like A Stranger?

This question is one that a lot of people will eagerly answer with ‘no’. Because to treat your spouse like a stranger means to be detached from them, to not be bothered about what is going on in their life, and to generally be distant the way one would be with a stranger. But treating […]

Read More »

Mommy Monday: Being a Mom Series 3

Being a Mom is a Gift, Trust and Blessing from Allah We all know how Allah honor mothers in the Qur’an, as did the Prophet SAW through the Sunnah. I grew up knowing my mom as the best and truest friend I had. She is very smart, prayerful and compassionate. She was always there for […]

Read More »

DAUGHTERS OF ISLAM

I’m a daughter, you are a daughter, you have a daughter or you want a daughter. Somehow we fall in one of these categories. Most times, whenever that word (daughter) is mentioned, it’s accompanied by a sense of protection. But unfortunately in some societies, it screams “property”. Let’s take a moment to go back in […]

Read More »
rights-and-responsibilities-in-Muslim-marriage

Wifey Wednesday: Do Rights Come Before Responsibilities in a Muslim Marriage?

On one of those nights when my husband and I tried to work our way through our differences, we talked about our expectations of each other. During this conversation, I realized that the major source of our quarrels was that he wanted me to fulfil his rights before fulfilling some of his responsibilities. This scenario […]

Read More »

Mommy Monday: Being a Mom Series 2

Being a Mom means more than haven given birth to a child When I gave birth, not only was my child born, a new me was born too. With the birth of a child comes the birth of a mother. When the soul of a woman must birth the mother inside her, the emotional labour […]

Read More »
communicate-better-with-your-spouse

Wifey Wednesday: 3 Easy Tips to Improve Communication in Marriage

If you’ve spoken with quite a number of married women about marriage, they may tell you the difficulty that they have in getting their husband to communicate with them. He finds it difficult to open up to them, he makes some decisions consulting her, or he can just generally be difficult to talk to. These […]

Read More »

Count-down to KL Modest Fashion Week 2016!

Kuala Lumpur – Fashion designers, entrepreneurs, buyers and fashionistas will all gather for Kuala Lumpur Modest Fashion Week 2016 (KLMFW2016), Malaysia’s first international modest fashion event that connects local and international designers to industry players this 3rd and 4th December 2016, at Putrajaya International Convention Centre. The event will flaunt forthcoming collection by 26 […]

Read More »

Copyright © 2021 The Umm Fariha Network | All rights reserved