June 2015

(3/5) Virtues of Surah Al-Waqi’ah & Al-Qiyamah

Ibn Abbas narrated: Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “Whosoever recites Surah Al- Waqi’ah every night will be protected from poverty and need. Whosoever recited Surah Al-Qiyamah every night, will come before Allah on the Day of Judgement and his face will be shining like the moon of the fourteenth night”, (Kanz ul-ummal). I love this hadith […]

To access this post you need to be part of our {products}.

Read More »

The Key to Success- Insights from Surah Al- Mu’menoon

Everyone wants to be successful. Everyone wants to be great at what they do. We all want to achieve a certain level of success whether as defined by society or our religious views. The reason why this topic is so important and why I wanted to examine it during Ramadan is because I started my […]

Read More »

Reflection of the Week: Q57:20

Last Ramadhan, this was my flagship ayah… everywhere I went, every tafsir I attended would touch on this ayah… “Know, that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, (it is) as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof […]

Read More »

(2/5) Virtues of Surah Fussilat

A walk through Jannah The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: “Everything has it fruits and benefits, and the fruits of the Qur’an is ‘Ha Mim’. Chapters beginning with ‘Ha Mim’ are beautiful, fresh, fragrant, splendid meadows. Whosoever desires to walk around in the meadows of Paradise should recite these surahs” (Al- Tadhkar Fi Afdal al-Adhkar, […]

Read More »

In Search of Peace and Happiness

We all feel nostalgic as Ramadan descends upon us. It is our chance to reconnect with Allah and a lot of people experience the state of tranquillity and happiness during the Holy Month that is not experienced in any other month. Why is it that we are able to achieve this state yet struggle so […]

Read More »

(1/5) Virtues of Surah Yaseen

This Ramadhan I will be sharing with you some of the Virtues of certain Surah’s of the Holy Quran. The first in this series is Surah Yaseen. How blessed are we to have this Holy book and hidden gems within it, if only we search for it. Below are a few of the Virtues of […]

Read More »

Ramadhan Kareem from TUFN

This Ramadhan we want to help you reconnect with Allah, as that is the very beginning of figuring out your calling. Personally, I’ve found that when my mind wonders and I feel my heart searching for meaning, answers and guidance I always find solace in the direct words of Allah…  and that is the holy […]

Read More »

Ramadhan Preparation: Sacrificing for the Sake of Allah

What is it that is holding you back from connecting with your creator? Ramadhan is fast approaching and it is important that we plan for a successful month. The blessed month is all about sacrifice of halal things such as food, drink and sleep for the pleasure of Allah SWT. But what about the things […]

Read More »

Volume III: The realities of Motherhood

Zeinab Umm Khadijah I would describe myself as an independent, organised individual who likes to be in control. The first few months adjusting to motherhood, unfortunately was a very difficult period for me. I was not in control, I was unable to be organised and I had to depend of a lot of people for […]

Read More »

Memoirs of a Mother Volume II

Volume II: They never told me Bushirah Abimbola Salami When my Aunty in law finally left; it was hard work, I had to grow a pair and start living up to my responsibilities; like bathing him, taking charge of the home, cooking for oga patapata, being his tilt *winks* and so on. The first thing […]

Read More »

Copyright © 2021 The Umm Fariha Network | All rights reserved