February 2016

wife-wednesday-patience-in-marriage

Wifey Wednesday: The subtle benefits of patience in marriage

Patience was one of the things my father-in-law talked to me about the most. In his words, as long as a couple can be as patient as humanly possible with each other, they will find it easier to navigate marriage. You as a person are always patient with yourself. You do something wrong and you […]

To access this post you need to be part of our {products}.

Read More »
growing-your-marriage

Wifey Wednesday: 3 Top Tips to nurturing your Marriage

Someone once said that marriage is like an empty box. You fill it with whatever you want, and that is also what you’ll get out of it. I paraphrased, but that’s the general idea. If you have ever been given marriage advice by the older generation, you know that there is a lot of “dress up […]

Read More »

Renaissance Newspaper Feature: LASG averts religious crisis in a public secondary school

On the 13th of February Renaissance Newspaper published the following article: Hijab- LASG averts religious crisis in a public secondary school. It struck a chord with us here at The Umm Fariha Newtork and we just had to share it with our readers. …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. What may have snowballed into a major religious crisis was on […]

Read More »

Desperate Measures

Flashback 3 years ago when I was a senior in high school, my class teacher sat us all down and said “you think high school and the drama is crazy? Wait till you enter university because that is where it all begins.” He explained that we are all going to meet different people from different parts of […]

Read More »

Announcement- The Essence Online! Launching soon

We are so excited to announce that the business, lifestyle and events arm of The Umm Fariha Network is finally live!!!! Alhamdulillah. Many of you know that we hosted the very 1st edition of The Essence Family and Modest Fashion Fair in Lagos this January. Following on from the success of the premier event we […]

Read More »

Spotlight: Bits of Borno- Fati Abubakar

Bits of Borno by Fati Abubakar Initially discovered on Twitter when a famous social activist retweeted a touching picture from one of her works, I dived into her page and discovered more and more about her haunting and captivating manner in telling stories. Today we are celebrating the person behind Bits of Borno, available on Instagram […]

Read More »
finding your husband's love language

Wifey Wednesday: Finding Your Husband’s Love Language

Do you know your husband’s love language? Or have you ever wondered why despite all that you do, he does not seem to appreciate it? We humans cannot deny our need to be loved, after all it plays a major reason why people get married. The only thing is that the expression of that […]

Read More »

Memoirs of a Home- schooling Mum

There comes a time in every parent’s life when we make the hard decisions for the sake of our children. This could be whether to enrol our four year olds into the education system?  Well, at least this should be a decision we as parents make and not a decision we follow without questions. Some […]

Read More »

Nana’s Guide: Looking Deeper

“Leyla!” mum’s shrill voice rang from downstairs. I quickly minimise the webpage from my computer screen and slip into my sandals before heading downstairs to meet her. “Leyla!” She popped her head in the kitchen, no mum in sight. She must be in the living room then. “Yes mummy?” I said as I enter the living room […]

Read More »

World Hijab Day Special: The Essence of the Hijab

What is the true essence of hijab? There is a lot of controversy surrounding the true essence of the hijab, especially when you consider the way non-Muslims and the media like to portray the hijab. At best, people say it’s a fashion statement, and at worst, a symbol of oppression and backwardness. I’m willing to […]

Read More »

Copyright © 2021 The Umm Fariha Network | All rights reserved