January 2015

7 Pregnancy Myths and Legends

Pregnancy is something every woman eagerly looks forward to. A time when womankind gets to put a hand into Allah’s miracle of creation, when we are doted upon by any and everyone who meets us, when we finally have society off our back. I hear pregnancy is the happiest reason to feel like a sack […]

To access this post you need to be part of our {products}.

Read More »

Loving Allah: The Key to a Blissful Marriage

I’ve always been intrigued by marriage, what makes some marriages succeed while others fail? What makes a good husband? How can I be the best wife and mother? I strive every day to make my home a place full of kindness, mutual respect and love. But one thing that is vital for any home to […]

Read More »

Explaining Terrorism to Children- 1one4 Magazine

After a very stressful day at work, I walked in and I saw my brother age 8 years old eying the television with interest. At first I paid no attention to him until he asked me in a very low voice “Why are Muslims killing everyone?” “Why have they not brought back the girls? Most […]

Read More »

Virtue of the Month: Forbearance

Women of Virtue Vol I: ‘Asiyah Wife of Pharaoh Part II Although a number of individuals rejected the message of Musa (as) due to their fear of Fir’aun’s torture, ‘Asiyah stood firm in her belief in the One Creator. If we can picture ‘Asiyah; a Queen to one of the most powerful leaders of […]

Read More »

More than a head- scarf

A question I’ve always been intrigued by is “What does the hijab really mean to you”? In answering this question we are forced to ask what does it really mean to be a Muslim Woman? Why do I wear the hijab in the first instance? What is it meant to signify? In so many societies […]

Read More »

Reflection of the Week II

Our reflection for the week is this beautiful ayah of the Quran. “Know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children. (It is) like a rain (Ghayth), thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it […]

Read More »

For The Love of Allah

Loving Allah is something Muslims and religious people in general pay lip service to. We make excuses as to why we don’t do certain things, can’t give up certain things or keep away from certain things. And we tend to see it as lack of imaan. But in reality I don’t think that is the […]

Read More »

Grilled Spicy Salmon and Basmati Rice

Salam alaikum everyone! I’m so excited for the re-birth of the Umm Fariha network and hopefully I will be able to inspire you by my very first post which is Grilled Salmon with Basmati Rice. As a self acclaimed foodie, I try as much as possible to eat good food that will help in maintaining […]

Read More »

Women of Virtue Vol I: ‘Asiyah Wife of Pharaoh (1/4)

Part I A lot can be learnt from the story of our mother ‘Asiyah. In Surat at-Tahrim, Allah mentions the comparisons between women who lived with righteous men and a woman who did not. The wife of Noah and the wife of Lot were both immersed in the preaching of their husbands – messengers of […]

Read More »

The Women of Virtue Series

We are proud to present our new series! WOMEN OF VIRTUE… Learning about the early Women of Islam, Mothers of the Believers and Sahabiyyat. Who are your role models in life? What are your greatest goals? What does success mean to you? Here at the Umm Fariha Network, Success is only achieved when our […]

Read More »

Copyright © 2021 The Umm Fariha Network | All rights reserved