January 2017

Nana’s Guide: “It’s too short”

She stood in front of the mirror and stared at her almost unrecognizable reflection. It’s okay. It’s not that bad. Leyla others have worn worse. She reluctantly grabbed her school bag and headed downstairs where mom and her other siblings should be waiting for her. It was mufti day at school today; which meant every student could […]

To access this post you need to be part of our {products}.

Read More »

UNDERSTANDING THE BASICS OF ISLAM: KNOWING YOUR FARD’AYN

Allah (s.w.t) has blessed us with the Deen, by revealing the holy book and sending the prophet pbuh to us. Therefore turning towards the holy book and the prophet only means guidance and turning away is misguidance and Allah has put in our capability the right to strive towards achieving guidance as HE […]

Read More »

Wifey Wednesday: Balancing a Career and Family Life

I think one of the most famous never-ending questions that married women get is how they balance their marriage with their jobs. Seeing as both are full-time jobs, I think people marvel at the way that a woman is able to handle it all. I don’t believe in the concept of ‘balancing it all’ because it […]

Read More »

Dear Mommy…

It’s been a tough start to the week… I can’t really explain it but I just feel emotionally disconnected…drained…depleted.Perhaps I’m stressed or maybe I’m overwhelmed… Whatever the word to describe how I feel is, I know my mind, body, and soul are screaming out for some love and attention. But through it all, I hear […]

Read More »

“ISLAM IS SINCERE ADVICE….”

A lot of times our ego come in the way that instead of giving a sincere advice we end up giving the judgmental Advice. Judging each other has soaked into our individual and collective consciousness that we even call each other “The haram police” as all you hear some of  us say is: sister “what […]

Read More »

Wifey Wednesday: The Danger of Comparing Your Spouse

So…a little back story to this topic. Lady A had some issues with her husband, and couldn’t help but think about how her friend never has this same problem with her own husband. This comparison affected how Lady A saw her own husband, and ultimately it started affecting their marriage. By a stroke of faith, […]

Read More »

DESPERATE MEASURES.

Flashback 3 years ago when I was a senior in high school, my class teacher sat us all down and said “you think high school and the drama is crazy? Wait till you enter university because that is where it all begins.” He explained that we are all going to meet different people from different […]

Read More »

Wifey Wednesdays: Practicing Self-Respect without Disrespecting Your Husband

Image credit: www.pexels.com There is this common misconception that a wife’s personal sense of self-respect cannot live successfully with the respect for her husband. This assumption is especially common when you think of culturally ingrained marriage advice like “a successful marriage happens when a woman lowers herself for her man.” By ‘lowering’, they mean respecting your […]

Read More »

Wifey Wednesdays: Overcoming Your Fear of Not Being Good Enough

Many things worry us in marriage. We sometimes worry about much our spouse loves us, if he is going to take another wife, if he is having an affair, or if he thinks that we are good enough. A lot of these fears manifest themselves in form of insecurities within us, and what I have […]

Read More »

Copyright © 2021 The Umm Fariha Network | All rights reserved